How grateful are you? Are you aware of your blessings or do you need to count them when things go wrong as Genevieve Morton wrote about on our last Journal post Why An Attitude Of Gratitude Will Change Your Life? Genevieve shared some fabulous tips on developing that attitude of gratitude and how to obtain a different mindset.
Essential oils are everywhere these days, there's not a household in the land that doesn't have at least one or two (dozen!) different oils they can put their hands to for both physical and emotional wellbeing. So there couldn't be a more fitting way to follow up on Genevieve's post than with a beautiful essential oil blend to promote gratitude and a thankful heart.
My favourite ways to use this blend is to add to a diffuser or oil burner, to add a few drops to a bottle of carrier oil and apply to the skin as a perfume or use as a massage oil, and also to add to your bath or footbath.
But first, let me explain a little more about each essential oil and why I have chosen them for this beautiful blend.
- rich floral scent
- works on balancing us emotionally and spiritually
- lifts the mood and calms the mind
- is considered the true oil of the heart - allowing us to process things from the heart and heal emotional traumas
- it's also considered to be the oil of the inner child, teaching us to connect with our inner joy and live for the moment
- my favourite essential oil - you see this a lot in our products
- a high vibrational oil that has been used for centuries in prayer and meditation
- helps you to step out of your ego and connect with your spirit
- helps to drop fears and learn to trust
- helps reduce mental and physical fatigue
- promotes self love
- helps us to hold gratitude for our bodies and what they do for us
- encourages healthy habits
- has an uplifting scent which can help relieve anxiousness
- promotes emotional wellbeing and balance
- helps to release trauma surrounding maternal connections
- supports bonds and relationships, with others and ourselves
- builds a sense of trust
- releases feelings of abandonment, trauma and feeling unsafe
- helps release fears and feelings of scarcity
- helps tap into your true self and allows you to learn that you are enough
- stimulates your creativity and widens your perspective
- uplifting to the mind and the emotions
- another heart centre oil, geranium helps us tear down barriers
- it is said to help a person regain their trust in the world
- geranium calms the nerves and lessens stress
Gratitude Essential Oil Blend
- 5 drops Ylang ylang
- 10 drops Frankincense
- 10 drops Grapefruit
- 15 drops Sweet Orange
- 10 drops Geranium
- 10 drops Myrrh
- Add the essential oils to a clean dark glass bottle. This blend will last as long as the shortest expiry date on the oils you use
- Add 3-5 drops to your diffuser or oil burner (follower the instructions with your diffuser)
- For a topical application, add 5 drops of the blend to a dark glass bottle along with 10ml of a carrier oil (jojoba, sweet almond, apricot kernel)
- For a foot bath, add warm water to a basin with a cup of your favourite bath salts and 3-4 drops of the Gratitude Essential Oil Blend
There is a vast difference in quality between essential oils and where you purchase them. Please try and buy pure essential oils from a reputable brand, and buy the best quality you can. Yes they are expensive but a few drops goes a long way. Do not ever ingest essential oils unless directed to do so by your naturopath or aromatherapist.
If you don't have or don't want to buy all of these oils, it's better to choose one or two of your favourites and have good quality oils than buy them all in a poorer quality.